It's not the strongest of the species that survive,
nor the most intelligent,
but the most responsive to change.
BRANDS ARE EVOLUTIONARY, RELIABLE PROMISES.
DEEPLY ANCHORED IN THE MINDS AND HEARTS OF THE PEOPLE.
A BRAND SURVIVES ANY TIME AND ANY COMPETITION,
IF IT MAINTAINS A UNIQUE EXISTENCE.
BRANDS ARE NOT MADE IN A FACTORY,
BRANDS BUILD UP IN YOUR HEART AND YOUR MIND.
It's not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the most responsive to change.
BRANDS ARE EVOLUTIONARY, RELIABLE PROMISES. DEEPLY ANCHORED IN THE MINDS AND HEARTS OF THE PEOPLE.
A BRAND SURVIVES ANY TIME AND ANY COMPETITION IF IT MAINTAINS A UNIQUE EXISTENCE.
BRANDS ARE NOT MADE IN A FACTORY, BRANDS BUILD UP IN YOUR HEART AND YOUR MIND.
WHO WE ARE
Ulf-Brün Drechsel has been BrandMerchand’s principal shareholder since 2003 and took over the role of
Ulf-Brün Drechsel’s expertise has been shaped by almost thirtyfive years professional experience of dealing with major B2B and B2C brands. After initially qualifying as an industrial engineer, Ulf-Brün moved across to develop a career in marketing. He has since held management positions both domestically and internationally with major network agencies, management consultancies and high profile branding and design studios. Indeed the breadth of his experience is second to none.
We believe in brands and we love branding. We are proud to stay inependent.
We focus on the needs
and expectations of our clients.
WHY WE EXIST
BrandMerchand was established around the turn of the millennium with the aim of creating a solid and trustworthy business platform for the sale and acquisition of brands and trademarks - an often confusing and disorganised process thanks to trademark laws and licensing regulations. It also aimed to distinguish itself as the key brand for the trading of properties and marks.. The name “Merchand” refers to both sides of the transaction; the brand as a commodity (“merchandise”) and the seller (“merchant”).
Since founding BrandMerchand, Ulf-Brün Drechsel has progressively expanded the company’s range of services to create a comprehensive and sustainable, identity-based brand consultancy. With a clear focus on the optimisation of efficiency and effectiveness in brand related marketing.
We are happy when we manage the expectations of the shareholders and when our clients are satiesfied with us. To ensure that, our employees and our suppliers are as important and relevant for us as our clients.
HOW WE HELP TO MANAGE YOUR BRAND
Once you have decided to build the brand, you will direct all marketing activities towards this goal. Only then will the marketing measures consistently and intelligently support the brand management. They result in synergies. All marketing activities contribute to the same goal – that of strengthening brand. -With significantly reduced resources, you can achieve the same results as before – an increase in the efficiency of your marketing. -Or you use the efficiency increase to improve the results of your marketing – for example, with no change in the resources you use.
In a dynamic identity oriented brand management process, there is no beginning and no end.
Efficiency & effectiveness in reinventing and renewing the brand
- Brand extensions including evaluation of ‘go to market’ risks
- Brand exploitation including evaluation of ‘go to market’ risks
- Design Thinking: prototyping new brand ideas
- Disruption: strategic breaks with convention to identify new market opportunities for the brand
- Explore new market segments by applying “blue – ocean”
Buying & Selling
Efficiency & effectiveness when dealing with brands
- Requirements assessment: what brand characteristics are of interest?
- Brand search: finding the brand that meets investment/ acquisition criteria?
- Brand match: what synergies and opportunities can be achieved with the investment/acquisition?
- Purchase: negotiation, procurement of trademark rights
- Due diligence: audit of brand value vs. company value
- Sale: assistance in capitalising on brand ownership through its sale, lease, or licensing
Efficiency & effectiveness in brand strategies
- Competitive analysis: market intelligence to provide competitive advantage
- Identity analysis: why does this brand exist and how does it contribute?
- Positioning: what value proposition should the brand have?
- Purpose: why does the company/brand do what it does?
- Vision/mission: what does the company want to achieve and how?
- Brand core: what does the brand stand for? Is it differentiated and yet still relevant?
- Expressing the vision and integrating it into the brand strategy
- Managing the brand strategy: goals, measurement, resources
- Defining and reproducing visual and physical assets: what properties uniquely shape brand perception?
Efficiency & effectiveness in brand management and technology
- Creation of a brand management structure within the company
- Organisation of a brand communication function with international capability
- Extended branding: stakeholder communication beyond markets and into political and public environments
- Touch point management: where is the brand currently experienced and where not. Where could and should it be experienced?
- Deployment of available resources to optimise effectiveness of touch points
- Brand engagement: Managing employee ambition and involvement in activation process
- Employer branding: HR-based process for the development of an employer brand and initiatives to increase attractiveness as an employer
- CSR: using the brand model and identity to create a socially responsible policy that will also drive profitability
- CS/I: using the brand model, identity and corporate goals to create an environmentally responsible culture of innovation
Efficiency & effectiveness in using metrics and resources
- Creation of a participatory process for the development of a suitable brand model
- Rigorous process to develop an internal model: how will the behaviour of the involved parties align with the brand’s values?
- Simplification of brand architecture: maximum clarity and focus
- Defining essential brand touch points: how is the brand experienced?
- Defining immersive experiences: when and where does a brand experience have to be created?
- Storytelling content strategy: what brand stories are being shared when and where?
- Evaluation, conception and installation of test market scenarios and war games
Efficiency & effectiveness in systematic value increase
- Function of brand value: what is the brand’s proportion of the company’s overall value based on?
- KPI - definitions and methodology: what success factors drive the value of the brand and what measurement methodologies make sense?
- Monitoring: real-time monitoring of the brand’s development and the changes that transform the brand?
- Revenue sources: identification and development
- Evaluation: insights to increased profitable implementation
HOW WE WORK GLOBALLY
Successful brands and identities are formed independently of their physical presentation as a
product, service, organisation or personality.
They must be sustainably authentic, comprehensible, credible and relevant.
This is why each BrandMerchand project starts with the simple but fundamental questions of why, what and how. IdentitySurround™, our systemic approach to consulting, then works across all development tasks - from defining purpose and vision all the way through to designing a participatory identity development process.
A successful brand is a dynamic brand. The real value of a good consultant goes far beyond the initial consultation. To gain data and insights, communicate key messages and implement branding actions with the goal of providing solutions individual to each client, often requires highly qualified specialists together with state-of-the-art technology. Over thirty years experience of international client projects has enabled BrandMerchand to develop a global network of specialists who can provide the highest levels of expertise in any market. This means that BrandMerchand can go beyond general brand consultancy, develop resources and capabilities for international projects within short lead times and offer excellent specialist services. Please check out our network partners:
Expertise drives excellence. Wthin our global network we can do anything, anytime, everywhere
HOW YOU BENEFIT FROM US
BrandMerchand’s employees and clients share a passion for brands and a belief in their power. This appreciation of brands and branding, together with our experience enables BrandMerchand to offer a unique combination of
- tailored methodology and approach
- simplicity and clarity of development
- experience-based assessment of facts, along with equally experience-based and intuitive implementation
When can BrandMerchand do something for your brand and your company
- When you want to increase the value of your company or its products and make that valuation independent of product performance, technical superiority, etc.
- When you want to strengthen your position in a crowded market and need to optimise the effectiveness of your marketing investments.
We generate proven evidences that brand strengths is driving the brand value element in your company success and value
WHAT WE CAN PROMISE YOU
When you are looking for a sustainable increase in value, we can guarantee you:
- Developing the brand by increasing the brand appeal of your offering products or services – will enhance its value and increase profit
- In addition, this builds brand trust and brand loyalty among customer groups
- This effect is amplified by the positive influence that brand strength has on non-customer target groups, stakeholders and opinion leaders, financial partners, industry bodies, politicians, etc.
The positive effect of these factors on your company’s value is twofold: increased economic value, as shown on the balance sheet, perceived value and its effect on stock market valuation. Both of which can directly enhance future business performance.
We tell a convincing story about your brand, we create a sustainable vision for your organisation
WHO IS WHO AND WE WANT YOU !
Over the last three decades, Ulf-Brün has managed communication projects, branding and consulting assignments for the following brands:
Brand strategy and implementation „Man nehme: Dr.Oetker“
European Launch of the Macintosh
Development of European positioning of ORBIT
WINDOWS Launch in Germany
Launch Brand Families West, R1, und Dunhill in The CEE Region
Corporate Identity und internationale Implementation
Drugstores: Brand launch and private label strategy
European Branding and Packaging
European Branding und Packaging
Global positioning and brand architecture
Global positioning and brand architecture
Corporate Identity and internationale Implementation
Corporate Identity and internationale Implementation
Brand merger and Airline Identity
Discounter Strategy and Innovations Germany
Global brand development
AccuChek Global Branding and Packaging
Global purpose and brand experience
Global purpose and Brand experience
Brand relaunch and Brand experience
APPLY WITH PASSION !
Our offices and studios in Bremen and Linz are currently seeking
- Eloquent sales representatives
- Branding evangelists
- Digital junkies with passion and vision
- Game changers and lateral movers with can-do qualities
For entrepreneurial projects, internships and apprenticeships, apply at email@example.com
HERE IS OUR ANNIVERSARY OFFER TO YOU :
Take ten minutes time to verbalize your challenges and business issues to us. We recontact you and give you in 20 minutes our point-of-view and suggestions for action taking. That is for free as a gift. Please use the emailadress below for your enquiry.